Monday 25 February 2008

York, An Update!

Life is swell. I must say, this "undergraduate-sabbatical" (if such a thing exists) is faring wonderfully. I've settled into a normal mode of life here in York. I've planted herbs in my room (Mint and Basil) to use with food. I've even found several pretty great running routes.

No groundbreaking developments have manifested themselves. I put a web-cam on consignment at a local pawn-shop (as I threw away the receipt assuming it would work with my Mac...it didn't...I'll let everyone know if it sells ).

I recently purchased some great loose-leaf tea from a Chinese market in Manchester (it keeps me up at night...but that's the point I think). To the left is a sweet picture of Clifford's tower I found on line. The photographer actually did a great job of hiding the surrounding city (which is a bustling center in downtown York, If you can believe it).

I'll add more if more crosses my mind.

Be well.

JS

No comments:

About Me

My photo
York, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
"My sense of the holy is bound up with the hope that some day my remote descendants will live in a global civilization in which love is pretty much the only law." -Richard Rorty (see Jürgen Habermas' obituary for Rorty here:http://www.signandsight.com/features/1386.html.)