Monday 9 June 2008

The Return


After several weeks of down time (so to speak), I am back at the business of blogging.

In truth, however, I have been quite busy. Moving back to Grand Rapids, arranging a new apartment, negitioting a new job--all of these things take time and energy. Even though it's something of a truism, I feel exhausted. But, life is calming down, finally. And, I'm finding myself getting back into a real schedule. Biking around town and to and from school and work has proven really rewarding. However, it's taken some time for my legs to get back into the game.

Because I've returned to Grand Rapids, the tone of my blog will change. I'll, rather than reporting on new and exciting discoveries around the UK, be bringing to readers attention decidedly more mundane occurrences. Yet, my hope is that what I have to say now will be stimulating in a different and sometimes in a similar way.

Stay tuned for much more.

Be well,

JS

1 comment:

Anne-Marte said...

Endelig John!
Eg har ventet på en oppdatering!

Sounds like you're still enjoying home! That's great! I'm looking forward to reading about your everyday life :-)

About Me

My photo
York, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
"My sense of the holy is bound up with the hope that some day my remote descendants will live in a global civilization in which love is pretty much the only law." -Richard Rorty (see Jürgen Habermas' obituary for Rorty here:http://www.signandsight.com/features/1386.html.)